[Iag-list] Honours Relocation Scholarships at the University of Sydney
phil.mcmanus at sydney.edu.au
Fri May 22 14:59:38 AEST 2015
The University of Sydney has a scholarship scheme suitable for students from outside NSW. The terms and conditions of the scheme are presented below. If you, or one of your students, is eligible and interested, please contact me for further details about doing Honours in geography (or geology) in the School of Geosciences at The University of Sydney. We welcome new geography/geology Honours students from all across Australia.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Faculty of Science Honours Relocation Scholarship
Established by the Faculty of Science in 2008
This scholarship is to facilitate students from interstate enrolling in an Honours degree in the
Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney by assisting to defray costs incurred in moving
interstate in order to enrol in the Honours year.
1. Students must be new commencing students
2. Students must have completed their undergraduate degrees at an Australian University in a State or Territory other than New South Wales.
3. Students must enrol as Honours candidates in one of the Schools in the Faculty of Science
4. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit. Students must have a minimum SCIWAM (or equivalent) of 80
5. Students must be enrolled full-time
6. Students may be domestic or international students
7. This scholarship may be held in addition to other scholarships, where their conditions permit
8. The scholarship will be paid in two equal instalments, after 1st April and 1st September provided all conditions are met
9. The scholarship is not transferable to Honours projects in other Schools in the Faculty of Science. The scholarship is not transferable to other Faculties.
10. The scholarship may not be deferred
11. The scholarship is tenable for one year only and is valued at $6000 per annum
12. A separate application is not required. Students are ranked on the basis of their applications for admission.
13. Scholarships may be available for mid-year entry.
14. Up to ten scholarships will be awarded in any year.
15. Scholarships are awarded in mid-February and late July each year.
Professor of Urban and Environmental Geography
Head of School of Geosciences
The University of Sydney
SYDNEY NSW AUSTRALIA 2006
email: phil.mcmanus at sydney.edu.au
phone: 61-2-9351 4242
President - Geographical Society of New South Wales (GSNSW)
Vice President (Immediate Past President) - Institute of Australian Geographers (IAG)
Phil's story in Geography is available at http://www.geogsoc.org.au/site/index.cfm?display=288325
Mintz, G. and McManus, P. 2014. Seeds for Change? Attaining the benefits of community gardens through council policies in Sydney, Australia. Australian Geographer 45(4), 541-558.
McManus, P., Graham, R. and Ruse, K., 2014, The construction of human-animal relations. National Jumps Day 2013 at Te Rapa, Hamilton, New Zealand. New Zealand Geographer 70(3), 190-200.
Vickas, M., McManus, P. and Dey, C. 2015. From the seam to the stove: Greenhouse gas assessment and the coal seam gas industry in Australia. Australian Geographer 46(1), 73-90.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Iag-list