[Iag-list] UNAA Media Awards 2015 - Publicity Request

Turton, Steve steve.turton at jcu.edu.au
Thu Jun 18 16:18:51 AEST 2015

Begin forwarded message:

From: "United Nations Association of Australia (Victorian Division)" <office at unaavictoria.org.au<mailto:office at unaavictoria.org.au>>
Subject: UNAA Media Awards 2015 - Publicity Request
Date: 18 June 2015 4:11:55 PM AEST
To: <steve.turton at jcu.edu.au<mailto:steve.turton at jcu.edu.au>>

Dear Prof. Steve,

I would like to take this opportunity to request your support for the 2015 United Nations Association of Australia Media Awards. A number of organisations across Australia publish our ‘Call for Nominations’ official flyer free of charge on their websites, newsletters and online/social media, and I would like to request similar support from the Institute of Australian Geographers this year.

As a non-profit, non-governmental community organisation, we are unable to afford the cost of mainstream publicity and rely on the generous support of organisations such as yours to make these Awards a success. The publication of our 'Call for Nominations' official flyer is invaluable in raising the profile of the Awards and thus, the number of nominations we receive.

The Media Awards is a prestigious National Awards Program that recognises those journalists, producers and editors, who seek to promote understanding and awareness about humanitarian and social justice issues in our society and stimulate public debate.

We would greatly appreciate your assistance in publicising the ‘Call for Nominations’ official flyer between July 1 and September 4 2015. Your contribution to building on the success of these Awards is highly valued by the United Nations Association of Australia.

Also, please feel free to promote the Media Awards ‘Call for Nominations’ flyer to any journalists or media contacts that you believe would be interested in entering our Awards.  They can also find more information about the Award categories and entry criteria using the following link:

http://www.unaavictoria.org.au/awards-programs/media-awards/

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,
Yang

United Nations Association of Australia (Victorian Division)
GPO Box 45, Melbourne VIC 3001
Tel: +613 9670 7878 || Fax: +613 9670 9993
office at unaavictoria.org.au<mailto:office at unaavictoria.org.au>
www.unaavictoria.org.au<http://www.unaavictoria.org.au/>

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/UNAAVictoria> || Twitter <https://twitter.com/unaavic> || LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/2963712?trk=tyah>

Please consider the ENVIRONMENT before printing this email
1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4 kg CO2 in the atmosphere; 3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water

This email and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. Neither the confidentiality of nor any privilege in the email is waived, lost or destroyed by reason that it has been transmitted other than to the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the United Nations Association of Australia (Vic Division) immediately on +61 3 9670 7878 or by return e-mail to the sender. Please delete the original e-mail. We would be pleased to reimburse your reasonable costs in notifying us. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be otherwise.