[Iag-list] Research Scholarships at the Institute for Culture and Society
Institute for Culture and Society
ICS at WesternSydney.edu.au
Wed Sep 23 10:26:32 AEST 2015
APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS
The Institute for Culture and Society (http://www.westernsydney.edu.au/ics) at Western Sydney University invites applications from outstanding applicants for PhD study. Funding is available through a number of scholarship schemes.
About the Institute:
The Institute for Culture and Society is internationally recognised for its high quality, innovative research on the transformations in culture and society in the global era. Headed by Director, Professor Paul James, and Research Director, Professor Brett Neilson, the Institute is especially interested in PhD proposals that connect with its research programs:
- Digital Life
- Diversity and Globalisation
- Cities and Economies
- Heritage and Environment.
Within these four research programs, research is conducted across a wide array of areas and disciplines. Applicants with backgrounds in cultural studies, sociology, anthropology, human geography, cultural history, education, media and communication studies and Asian studies are encouraged to apply. Applications from international applicants are particularly welcome.
- A Bachelor (Hons), First Class degree or an internationally recognised Masters that includes a research-based dissertation, or equivalent qualifications and/or experience.
- Research or professional experience in a relevant field of the humanities or social science.
- A number of competitively awarded scholarships are available for students of exceptional research potential eager to study at ICS.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the 'main round' of scholarships. Domestic scholarships will include a stipend (living allowance) of $25,849 pa and a Research Training Scheme funded place in the degree; international scholarships will include the living allowance and a tuition fee waiver valued at up to $25,000 per year. Further details about how to apply are available on the University website (http://www.westernsydney.edu.au/graduate_research_school/grs/scholarships/how_to_apply).
- Self-funded applicants or applicants who can access other local and international schemes are also welcome to apply for admission (see How to Apply for Research Degrees)
All applicants are strongly advised to initially submit a 2-3 page expression of interest to ICS HDR Director, Professor Greg Noble (g.noble at westernsydney.edu.au<mailto:g.noble at westernsydney.edu.au>) by 30 September. The expression of interest should include a summary of the proposed PhD research topic, a brief CV, the name of a potential ICS supervisor and details of proposed funding (as above).
- To apply for a scholarship, applicants will eventually submit an application form, a 3-4 page research proposal and full CV by 16 October. The application form is available on the University website (http://www.westernsydney.edu.au/graduate_research_school/grs/scholarships/how_to_apply).
- For further details about enrolment and scholarships, please contact the University's Research Scholarships Development Officer, Ms Tracy Mills: HDRscholarships at westernsydney.edu.au<mailto:HDRscholarships at westernsydney.edu.au>.
Applications close 16 October.
Helen Barcham | Research & Communications Officer
Institute for Culture and Society
P: 9685 9692
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Iag-list