[Iag-list] Call for registrations. Critical Development Symposium - online and face-to-face nodes. 15-16 Feb, 2016.

Sarah Wright sarah.wright at newcastle.edu.au
Mon Feb 1 13:28:18 AEDT 2016

Hi all,

The Critical Development Study Group has put together an exciting symposium. We are planning to meet up on 15-16th Feb 2016 in nodes around the country and beyond (Canberra, Cairns, Manila, Melbourne, Perth, Wollongong). The nodes will then get-together online to discuss pedagogy, theory and practice in Development Studies. We will have a mix of small group sessions and plenaries where we ‘meet’ up together online.

Sessions will be focused on pedagogy, theory and community engagement/activism. The draft program is attached. The idea is to be inclusive and participatory.  The workshop will run 11:30-4:30pm (EST)/8:30-1:30 (W.A./the Philippines), 15-16 Feb, 2016.

It doesn’t cost anything to be involved in the seminar and we have organised nodes across the country to try and allow everyone who is interested to be involved – without needing to fly anywhere. The idea is that you go to your nearest node and convene with your local colleagues, and then link to other nodes online. If you are in an area without a node, please let Paul Hodge or me know.

Please register for the symposium by Monday 8th February, 2016.

How to register?
If you are interested in participating, please fill in the registration form below/attached and email it to Emma.Dawes at newcastle.edu.au <mailto:Emma.Dawes at newcastle.edu.au> and CC your response to your local node organizer listed below (or if you are in a place without a node please just email Emma Dawes directly and CC Paul Hodge Paul.hodge at newcastle.edu.au <mailto:Paul.hodge at newcastle.edu.au> or Sarah Wright sarah.wright at newcastle.edu.au <mailto:sarah.wright at newcastle.edu.au> ). We will then contact you with details about where to meet.

As you will see, we are asking participants to choose the sessions they would like to participate in (see full draft program and registration form attached). We need to be organised to sort the technology and it is our first go at this kind of format, so please bear with us.

Nodes and node coordinators:
Wollongong (University of Wollongong) – Thomas Birtchnell: tbirtchn at uow.edu.au <mailto:tbirtchn at uow.edu.au>
Melbourne (La Trobe, Collins St Campus) – Katherine McKinnon: K.McKinnon at latrobe.edu.au <mailto:K.McKinnon at latrobe.edu.au>
Manila (UP) - Joseph Palis: josephpalis at gmail.com <mailto:josephpalis at gmail.com> or Kristian Saguin: kristiansaguin at gmail.com <mailto:kristiansaguin at gmail.com>
Cairns (James Cook Uni) – Lisa Law: lisa.law at jcu.edu.au <mailto:lisa.law at jcu.edu.au>
Perth (University of WA/Curtin/Murdoch) – Petra Tschakert: petra.tschakert at uwa.edu.au <mailto:petra.tschakert at uwa.edu.au> and Alka Sabharwal: 20486356 at student.uwa.edu.au <mailto:20486356 at student.uwa.edu.au>
Newcastle (UON) – Paul: Paul.Hodge at newcastle.edu.au <mailto:Paul.Hodge at newcastle.edu.au>
Canberra (ANU) -  Grant Walton: grant.walton at anu.edu.au <mailto:grant.walton at anu.edu.au> and Tim Sharp: timothylmsharp at gmail.com <mailto:timothylmsharp at gmail.com>.

Thanks so much,

Sarah and Paul

SARAH WRIGHT
Associate Professor
Discipline of Geography and Environmental Studies
School of Environmental and Life Sciences

I acknowledge the Aboriginal custodians of the land in the region where I live and work, the Gumbaynggirr people and the traditional custodians of Awabakal Country, the Country on which the University of Newcastle stands. I acknowledge the Elders, past, present and future, and Country itself.

Yaarri garla-ngarraangala, yaarri junga-ngarraangala, jalumgalnyarr yilaa gungangulam jagunda. Yaarri junga-ngarraangala guuyubiin, walaaynga giili.

T: +61 2 4921 7157
E: sarah.wright at newcastle.edu.au

The University of Newcastle (UoN)
University Drive