[Iag-list] Politics of Motherhood Workshop Registration Details (Newcastle)

Lara Daley Lara.Daley at uon.edu.au
Wed Mar 16 13:57:49 AEDT 2016

The Politics of Motherhood in the Neoliberal University Workshop
<http://equitydiversity.cmail20.com/t/j-e-klsbl-cduyhkjiu-r/>
Date:   Thursday March 31 - Friday April 1
Time:   9.00am - 4.00pm both days
Place:  The Board Room UNH3.09 - University of Newcastle, City Campus
RSVP:   Via Eventbrite http://equitydiversity.cmail20.com/t/j-l-klsbl-cduyhkjiu-f/ by Monday March 21st.

About the event

A two-day workshop is being held to respond to shattering the silence in which mother-academics and mother-students are presently situated.

Event information

By building on previous work carried out by mother-subjects in a project supported by the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education (UoN), it hopes to create a space for mother-academics and mother-students to speak our experiences so that we can come to "know ourselves and each other" and create the grounds of possibility for solidarity across difference.

This two-day workshop will be organised around four opening encounters spaced throughout the workshop given by our invited speakers:

  *   Professor Caroline Turner, California State University, Sacramento (USA);
  *   Associate Professor Elizabeth Mackinlay, University of Queensland;
  *   Dr. Danielle Drozdzewski, University of New South Wales; and
  *   The University of Newcastle Mother Research Collective (Dr. Sara Motta, Lara Daley and Suzanne Barker).

The workshop will also include dialogues organised around a number of presentations.

Additional details

If you are interested in being a discussant in one of the workshop sessions or if you would like childcare support, please contact sara.c.motta at newcastle.edu.au<mailto:sara.c.motta at newcastle.edu.au> as soon as possible.