[Iag-list] IGU Thematic Conference on 'Geographies for Peace', La Paz 2017

Iain Hay iain.hay at flinders.edu.au
Thu Jul 7 16:37:25 AEST 2016

Dear Colleagues

Please find attached the first circular of  the IGU Thematic Conference on 'Geographies for Peace' to take place in La Paz, Bolivia, 23 to 25th April 2017.  The concept of an IGU 'thematic conference' has been developed in order to allow issues of particular importance (especially right now) to our discipline to be explored and discussed in countries that might not otherwise have been selected to host one of our Congresses or Regional Conferences.

Please be aware that there is no website for this conference yet. Any specific questions you may have about it at this stage should be directed to elena.dellagnese at unimib.it<mailto:elena.dellagnese at unimib.it>

I hope you will circulate to your community of geographers and encourage their participation.

Kind regards

Iain Hay