[Iag-list] Support for parents to attend IAG 2017

Candice Pamela Boyd cboyd at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jul 27 18:28:38 AEST 2016

As mother of a 16 yo daughter, I agree with a lot of this.  I think a worthwhile consideration to support people with young children to attend conferences is the provision of child care facilities in arrangement with an existing centre, which might involve direct funding of an additional worker by the IAG or an additional conference fee for those wanting to use the service.  In a similar way, those needing other types of support services could be 'linked in' to previously identified services or agencies.  I think that online streaming is missing the point of a conference, though.  It's primarily a networking opportunity, which involves being present and taking part.

--
Candice P. Boyd
BSc, GradDipEdPsych, MPsych, PhD (Psych), PhD (Geog/Creative Arts)

Honorary Senior Fellow
School of Geography
University of Melbourne
Victoria, Australia

Artist's Website: candiceboyd.net
Video:  vimeo.com/cpboyd<https://vimeo.com/cpboyd>
Sound: soundcloud.com/dr-candice-boyd<https://soundcloud.com/dr-candice-boyd>
Academic Website: unimelb.academia.edu/CandiceBoyd