[Iag-list] Fwd: 2nd CFP from the AAG Task Force on Mental Health.

Christine Eriksen ceriksen at uow.edu.au
Tue Oct 4 09:29:29 AEDT 2016

2nd CFP from the Task Force on Mental Health of the AAG
In this session we wish to continue the conversations initiated at the AAG and the CAG in the last year to explore specific strategies for changing the practices and cultures implicated in the current crisis of mental health among students, faculty and staff across university campuses. We invite papers by educators, administrators and researchers on specific strategies to improve mental wellbeing in the academy such as: rethinking the steps towards a geography degree; addressing mental health in fieldwork; instigating slow scholarship; rethinking work-life balance; instituting a feminist ethics of care; de-neoliberalizing the academy; and engaging difficult conversations, such as racism in academic life.
We currently have 3 excellent submissions and would like to receive some more.
Submission process: abstracts of no more than 250 words to be submitted by 27th October 2016, to Deborah.metzel at umb.edu<mailto:Deborah.metzel at umb.edu>. We will notify contributors of acceptance by 1st November. Please note that all accepted contributors will need to register for the AAG conference at aag.org<http://aag.org>

Begin forwarded message: