[Iag-list] IAG news items for members
rbartel at une.edu.au
Wed Feb 1 18:04:59 AEDT 2017
A few news items for IAG members...
1. The IAG will be holding its ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
Date: Friday 28 April 2017
Venue: The University of Melbourne
Location: Staff Tea Room, School of Geography, Level 2, 221 Bouverie St, Carlton
Building 379 on
Time: 12:30 - 1.30 pm
A light lunch will be provided
The AGM is being held for the purposes of approving our financial statements for 2016. There will also be a General Meeting held to coincide with the IAG Conference in Brisbane later this year, please check the conference programme when available for details. Council will also be meeting at the conference and on 28 April 2017.
2. Reminder: Call for awards of the IAG 2017
Members are invited to nominate their esteemed colleagues for the following awards:
* The GRIFFITH TAYLOR Medal is awarded for distinguished contributions to geography in Australia.
* AUSTRALIA-INTERNATIONAL MEDAL is for outstanding contributions by Australian geographers to geography world-wide, or by geographers outside Australia to the geography of Australia.
* DISTINGUISHED FELLOWSHIP OF THE INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHERS (DFIAG)? is awarded for distinguished service to Australian geography through furthering the aims of the Institute.
* The FELLOWSHIP OF THE INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIAN GEOGRAPHERS (FIAG) recognizes sustained service to the profession of geography in Australia.
Further details of all awards, including nomination details and requirements, are available from:
The closing date for all nominations is Friday 31 March 2017. Nominations should be sent to the Honorary Secretary, Robyn Bartel, at rbartel at une.edu.au<mailto:rbartel at une.edu.au>
For further enquiries about these awards, please contact either the IAG President, Ian Rutherfurd idruth at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:idruth at unimelb.edu.au> or the Secretary, Robyn Bartel, at rbartel at une.edu.au<mailto:rbartel at une.edu.au>.
3. Reminder: IAG Study Group Convenors for funding applications for 2017 and annual reports 2016
Study group convenors have recently been invited to apply for funding in 2017 and to submit annual reports for 2016.
Funding applications for 2017 and annual reports for 2016 are due to rbartel at une.edu.au using the forms previously supplied by Friday 10 February 2017.
IAG Honorary Secretary
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Iag-list