[Iag-list] FW:Lancs jobs

Simon P J Batterbury simonpjb at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 2 20:31:27 AEDT 2017

Date:    Wed, 1 Feb 2017 12:09:34 +0000
From:    "Neimark, Benjamin" <b.neimark at LANCASTER.AC.UK>
Subject: Faculty Position in Human Geography -sry for x-posting

Dear all,
Lancaster University, Environment Centre, UK Faculty Position in Human Geography

Lancaster Environment Centre (LEC) is seeking to appoint a Lecturer (L) and Senior Lecturer (SL) in Human Geography (roughly equivalent to Assistant prof. (L) and Associate prof. (SL) in US). The two posts will contribute to core teaching areas in economic, social and/or urban geography and to our research agenda focused on sustainability, environment and social justice concerns (priority areas are indicated in the further particulars). Successful candidates will join the Critical Geographies Research Group. For the lectureship we wish to appoint a candidate with a publications record that is both relevant and indicative of an ambitious early career academic. For the senior lectureship we are looking for an experienced researcher with a publication and funding record accordingly developed and of highest quality. Both posts will contribute to delivery of our geography degree schemes and also our postgraduate teaching.
For more details see https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=A1766
Closing date: 12th March 2017

Keep up the good fight!

Ben Neimark

Lecturer in International Development & Natural Resources Lancaster Environment Centre http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lec/about-us/people/staff-list/all/benjamin-neimark/
POLLEN Website<http://politicalecologynetwork.com/> and twitter @PolEcoNet<https://twitter.com/PolEcoNet>

New pubs:
Neimark, B. and S. Vermeylen. 2017. A Human Right to Science?: Precarious Labor and Basic Rights in Science and Bioprospecting, Annals of the American Association of Geographers 107(1): 167-82.

Neimark, B. 2016. Biofuel imaginaries: The emerging politics surrounding 'inclusive' private sector development in Madagascar<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S074301671630047X>, Journal of Rural Studies. 146-56.

Neimark, B. Mahanty, S. and Dressler, W. 2016. Mapping value in a 'green' commodity frontier: Revisiting commodity chain analysis<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dech.12226/abstract>, Development and Change, 47: 240-65.

Dr. Simon Batterbury
Jan 2017> Professor of Political Ecology, LEC, Lancaster University, UK, Europe. S.batterbury at lancaster.ac.uk
Principal Fellow | School of Geography | 221 Bouverie St  (rm L2.33) | University of Melbourne, 3010 VIC, Australia. |  simonpjb @ unimelb.edu.au

http://www.simonbatterbury.net