[Iag-list] CFP IAG 2017 The Future of Australian Mobilities

David Bissell david.bissell at anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 9 11:27:17 AEDT 2017

Dear IAG list members,

We hope that our call for papers for the IAG 2017 Annual Conference 11-14 July in Brisbane will be of interest to some of you.

AusMob: The Future of Australian Mobilities

Theme: Cultural, Economic, Rural & Urban Geography

Session organisers
Thomas Birtchnell, University of Wollongong; David Bissell, The Australian National University; Michelle Duffy, Federation University Australia; Farida Fozdar, University of Western Australia; Benjamin Iaquinto, University of Melbourne; David Radford, University of South Australia and Lauren Rickards, RMIT University

This session showcases the breadth of Australian geographical research being undertaken on ‘mobilities’, broadly conceived. In tandem with the launch of AusMob, the Australian Mobilities Research Network, this session explores what (im)mobility means for Australia, in which the mobilities in question encompass not only humans but many other (im)mobile entities, including more-than-humans, capital, technologies or ideas. What diverse modes of theorising, practicing, writing and teaching mobilities are taking place, and could take place, in Australia? What sorts of problems are and could mobilities research in Australia respond to? How do the distinctive institutional capacities in Australia create specific ways of doing mobilities research? While we invite papers from researchers that showcase their current work on mobilities, we are also keen to reflect on the opportunities and challenges of the future of mobilities research in Australia.

For enquiries, and to indicate your interest in our session, please contact David Bissell (david.bissell at anu.edu.au)<mailto:david.bissell at anu.edu.au)> and Ben Iaquinto (bliaq1 at gmail.com<mailto:bliaq1 at gmail.com>). Abstracts of 200 words must be submitted to the conference website<https://absoluteevents.eventsair.com/QuickEventWebsitePortal/iag2017/web/ExtraContent/ContentSubPage?page=1&subPage=3> by Wednesday 5 April.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,

David and Ben, on behalf of the AusMob committee