[Iag-list] State of Australian Cities Conference 2017 - Abstract Deadline Extension
Matthew.Rofe at unisa.edu.au
Mon Mar 20 13:41:57 AEDT 2017
**apologies for cross-posting**
Abstract Deadline Extension
Extended until 27th March 2017
The SOAC17 Organising Committee, chaired by Emeritus Professor Stephen Hamnett, invites you to submit abstracts for the 8th State of Australian Cities Conference.
SOAC is the premier conference for academics and researchers focused on the complex challenges and issues facing urban landscapes within Australia. The conference aims to provide a focus for new urban scholarship and will bring together the most prominent academics working in this area in Australia, together with new researchers, policy makers and practitioners - who are interested in the Australian city.
Organised around the seven research themes detailed below, SOAC is returning to Adelaide, a city synonymous with good planning and urban experimentation, in 2017. SOAC2017 is especially important as it marks the 100th Anniversary of Australia's first Australian Town Planning and Housing Conference, also held in Adelaide in 1917.
Abstracts are invited that address one of the conference's urban themes:
* Economy - economic change and labour market outcomes of globalisation, land use pressures, changing employment locations.
* Environment - sustainable development, environmental management and performance, natural resource management, limits to growth, air and water quality, climate change mitigation and adaptation, impacts of consumption, natural resource uses, nature conservation, green-space.
* Governance - taxation, provision of urban services, public policy formation, planning, urban government, citizenship and the democratic process.
* Structure - metropolitan spatial structure, urban form, new development precincts, urban design, place-making, policy implications of development and land use trends.
* Movement and Infrastructure transport, mobility, accessibility, communications and IT, and other urban infrastructure provision.
* Housing and Social - people and place, population change and trends, migration, cultural inclusion, social polarisation, equity and disadvantage, housing issues, the healthy city, sport and recreation.
* Health - public health and planning, healthy by design, community gardens, social inclusion, physical and mental wellbeing in urban environments.
Peer Review Process
Abstracts will be reviewed by an editorial review panel, and authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit full papers of 5000 words (not including references) for peer review in July 2017. The editorial review panel may request revisions be made to submitted abstracts prior to acceptance.
* Call for Abstracts opens - Now open
* Deadline for Abstract Submissions - EXTENDED until 27th March 2017
* Full Papers due for Peer Review - 10th July 2017
Submit online at this link - http://soac2017.com.au/call-for-abstracts/ <http://themeetingpeople.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=578dbd3e313a40e680298b615&id=dbe24d2d96&e=1993a18abc>
For further information, please contact the SOAC 2017 Meeting Secretariat:
The Meeting People
32 The Strand, Colonel Light Gdns SA 5041
PO Box 764, Mitcham SA 5062
T +61 8 8177 2215<tel:81772215>
E reg at themeetingpeople.com.au<mailto:reg at themeetingpeople.com.au>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Iag-list