[Iag-list] Fwd: FW: Qld Survey and Spatial Conference (QSSC)

Julie Kesby iagjak16 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:10:25 AEDT 2017

Hi,

        The Surveying  and Spatial Science Institute is holding the QSSC in
Southport, QLD on 4-5th May. See details and link below.

   Papers to be presented at this conference will build the professional
capacity and knowledge of  both Surveyors and Spatial Scientists and
therefore could be of interest to members of the Institute Australian
Geographers.

Could I ask that you circulate the information on the conference below to
your members.

Thankyou

Ewen Sneddon Conference Chair| Principal Surveyor | Road Infrastructure
Delivery Branch | Logan City Council

Phone: 07 3412 5559 | Mobile: 0411 869 066 | PO Box 3226 Logan City DC Qld
4114 | ewensneddon at logan.qld.gov.au

www.logan.qld.gov.au | facebook.com/logancitycouncil | twitter.com/logancc

Logan City: Building Our Communities, Our Businesses and Our Pride

https://www.sssi.org.au/Events/QLD-Surveying-and-
Spatial-Conference-QSSC17/eid/1667.html

                                       *Queensland Surveying and Spatial
Conference                                          *

     The Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute proudly invites members
of IPWEAQ to participate in the prestigious Queensland Surveying and
Spatial Conference (QSSC). From 4-5 May 2017, the QSSC is a unique platform
for members of the Spatial Community to network, share ideas and learn
about innovations and industry advancements. The theme this year is:

*"**From seabed to space; managing global uncertainty in a spatial world**"*

QSSC17 is a regional showcase of spatial knowledge and technology that will
focus on navigating disruption and uncertainty with greater confidence
through the latest spatial trends, professional knowledge and technology.

 QSSC17 will attempt to answer three questions with our audience during
this 2 day conference:

 * What is the body of knowledge, scientific endeavour, and skill we need
to enhance future influence as spatial professionals?

* How do we best enhance our professional community to better navigate
global uncertainty?

* How do we increase our professional capacity and recognition of expertise
in the community?

*Who will be there?*

In Queensland, SSSI has a membership base of well over five hundred
individuals operating across the Surveying and Spatial profession. Our
members keenly support the QSSC as well as key representatives from the
Spatial Community and influential business managers, government departments
and agency staff, and local council authorities.

 Now in its seventh year, the QSSC has gained critical acclaim across the
Spatial Industry and we expect over two hundred Surveying and Spatial
Professionals and industry representatives to be present over the duration
of the Conference.

*Location*

Located in the heart of the Gold Coast, all Conference activities will be
held at the Southport Sharks in the Gold Coast.

 Southport Sharks has become one of the largest and most successful clubs
on the Gold Coast and in Queensland.

 Currently boasting two bars, three lounge bars, two restaurants, a café,
state-of-the-art fitness centre, multi-purpose events centre, kids club,
gaming room, bottle shop and entertainment seven nights a week, Southport
Sharks is a premier dining and entertainment precinct that attracts over
50,000 members annually.

 Delegates will be invited to make a long weekend of it, bringing the
family to enjoy the theme parks, world-renowned beaches and year-round
sunshine.

Regards

4114 | ewensneddon at logan.qld.gov.au

www.logan.qld.gov.au | facebook.com/logancitycouncil | twitter.com/logancc

Logan City: Building Our Communities, Our Businesses and Our Pride

The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended
only for the addressee and may be confidential, private or the subject
of copyright. If you have received this email in error please notify
Logan City Council, by replying to the sender or calling +61 7 3412
3412 <+61%207%203412%203412>  and delete all copies of the e-mail and
any attachments.

To view Logan City Council's Privacy Collection Notice, please visit
www.logan.qld.gov.au or click on the following link
http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/home/terms-of-use.