[Iag-list] Seeking GIS data for Sydney and Melbourne

Shawn Laffan shawn.laffan at unsw.edu.au
Wed May 10 18:49:53 AEST 2017

The AURIN data discovery and portal sites are a good place to start.  I
don't know if it applies to your case, but any researcher in an
Australian university or government agency has access through the
Australian Access Federation system.
https://aurin.org.au/

The Public Sector Mapping Agency provides a number of data sets.
https://www.psma.com.au/

In addition to the SDI interface you list, NSW has the SIX interface.
It likely has similar content to the SDI but I have not checked.
https://six.nsw.gov.au/

There is also http://data.gov.au .  A subset of the data is spatial, but
much of it might already be available through the National Map.

Regards,
Shawn.

On 10/05/2017 17:38, Brendan Whyte wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have a professor (landscape architecture) looking for sources of GIS
> data for Sydney and Melbourne. I've provided her with a few starting
> points, but am hoping some of you might have a few additional resource
> recommendations. The following resources are what I have suggested so far:
>
> University of Melbourne Library GIS data resources guide:
> http://unimelb.libguides.com/GIS
>
> Australia National Map:
> http://www.nationalmap.gov.au/
>
> New South Wales Spatial Data Catalogue:
> https://sdi.nsw.gov.au/nswsdi/catalog/main/home.page
>
> Victoria Open Data Directory:
> https://www.data.vic.gov.au/data/group/spatial-data
>
> Thanks!
> Matt
>
> Matthew Parsons, Associate Librarian
> Geospatial Data and Maps Librarian
> Subject Liaison for ESS, Atmos. Sci., Disability Studies
> University of Washington Libraries

Assoc Prof Shawn Laffan
   School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences
   UNSW, Sydney 2052, Australia
   Tel +61 2 9385 8093
   http://www.bees.unsw.edu.au/staff/shawn-laffan
   http://www.purl.org/biodiverse (free diversity analysis software)

   Asia-Pacific Editor
   International Journal of Geographical Information Science
   http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/ijgis

   UNSW CRICOS Provider Code 00098G