[Iag-list] GSNSW 90th Anniversary Gala Dinner and Exhibition

Philip Mcmanus phil.mcmanus at sydney.edu.au
Mon May 15 22:11:21 AEST 2017

Hi everyone,

Please find attached a flyer inviting you to the Geographical Society of NSW (GSNSW) 90th Anniversary Gala Dinner and Exhibition.  We hope that you "saved the date" of Saturday 12th August because this is an event not to be missed.  More than just celebrating one of Australia's major geographical societies, the event is a celebration of the history, present and the potential future of geography in NSW, Australia and beyond.  Our keynote speaker is Linda Burney MP,  the Shadow Minister for Human Services, the Federal Member for Barton, and a proud member of the Wiradjuri nation.

All academic geographers, geography teachers, retired geographers, people with an interest in geography and geography students are encouraged to attend. Tickets are on sale now!

We look forward to seeing you and your friends at this important event. to celebrate geography.

Best wishes,

Phil

Phil McManus
Professor of Urban and Environmental Geography
Head of School of Geosciences
The University of Sydney
SYDNEY   NSW   AUSTRALIA  2006
email:  phil.mcmanus at sydney.edu.au
phone: 61-2-9351 4242

President - Geographical Society of New South Wales (GSNSW)

Recent Book:
Shrestha, K., Ojha, H., McManus, P., Rubbo, A and Dhote, K. (eds.) (2015) Inclusive Urbanization:  Rethinking Policy and Practice in the Age of Climate Change.  Abingdon, Routledge.