[Iag-list] Congratulations to Associate Professor Alaric Maude AM

Iain Hay iain.hay at flinders.edu.au
Tue Jun 13 15:15:35 AEST 2017

Dear colleagues

For those who have not yet heard this news, I am pleased to advise you that our colleague Associate Professor Alaric Maude, was recognised in the 2017 Queen's Birthday Honours List.  Alaric has become a Member of the Order of Australia (AM). His citation reads:

"For significant service to education in the field of geography as an academic, researcher, author, and mentor."

Full details of Alaric’s contributions are available at: https://www.gg.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/honours/qb/qb2017/mnxi3_8skq/Media%20Notes%20-%20AM%20(M%20-%20Z).pdf

Please join me in congratulating Alaric on this distinguished and well-deserved award recognising his exemplary service to our discipline and to IAG over many decades.

All the best

Iain Hay

______
Iain Hay  PhD LittD

Matthew Flinders Distinguished Professor of Geography
School of the Environment
Flinders University
GPO Box 2100       Adelaide      SA 5001       AUSTRALIA

Phone: 61-(0)-8-8201-2386
Fax: 61-(0)-8-8201-3521
Email: iain.hay at flinders.edu.au<mailto:iain.hay at flinders.edu.au>     www.flinders.edu.au/people/iain.hay<http://www.flinders.edu.au/people/iain.hay>

Vice-President, International Geographical Union<http://igu-online.org/>