[Iag-list] Cultural Study group meeting: Thursday 1.10-1.40

Michele Lobo michele.lobo at deakin.edu.au
Sun Jul 9 13:19:37 AEST 2017

Dear Friends

Looking forward to the IAG conference  Just a gentle reminder about the Study groups meeting which are scheduled during the lunch break on Thursday. The Room number for the Cultural Study group meeting will be announced. Just ask at the reception.

We look forward to seeing many of you at the meeting  including senior members who inspire us, new members, postgrads and visitors.

At this meeting we welcome your participation so that as a group  we can

a)elect a new convenor. We thank David Bissell for his enthusiasm and great ideas over the last 3 years. He will continue to take an active part in the Cultural Study Group.
b) discuss plans/events for the year ahead
c) continue to involve postgrads and tailor events to suit them
d) Any other business

Do send any ideas you  have prior to the meeting to  Michele.Lobo at deakin.edu.au<mailto:Michele.Lobo at deakin.edu.au>. You are welcome to send your suggestions even though you might not be attending the conference. It will  be very  helpful in developing a list of study group members.  Everyone is welcome. Please circulate to postgrads/others who might not be on this list.

Looking forward to seeing you at the IAG. The Cultural study group sessions that are sponsored along with other groups are listed below.

  1.  AusMob: The Future Of Australian Mobilities
  2.   Difference And Affective Ecologies Of Place: Experimenting With Creative Knowledges Of Belonging And Coexistence:
       3)   Geographies Of Diversity And National Identity: Challenges, Transformations And Opportunities
       4)   New Directions In Cultural Geography
5)   Organisations Expanding The Boundaries Of Citizenship
6)   The Politics Of Caring With More-Than-Human Research Praxis: Doing More With More-Than-Humans

Kind Regards

Michele, Danielle and David

Cultural Study Group Convenors
Institute of Australian Geographers

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.