[Iag-list] Vale Professor Wayne Erskine

Julie Kesby iagjak16 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 17:01:11 AEST 2017

Dear Geographers

I am very sad to pass on the news that Professor Wayne Erskine died
suddenly in Darwin this weekend.

Wayne was one of Australia's most influential fluvial geomorphologists, and
a great mentor, colleague and friend to many of us.

Generous to the end, Wayne had just been appointed as the new
sub-editor of *Geographical
Research*.

He will be sorely missed.  We will pass on more details of ceremonies and
celebrations of his life as they are planned.

Best regards

Ian Rutherfurd
President of the Institute of Australian Geographers

Associate Professor
School of Geography
Faculty of Science
The University of Melbourne
221 Bouverie Street, Melbourne, 3001
Ph. +61 3 83443172 <+61%203%208344%203172>
Ph: 0407 881210
idruth at unimelb.edu.au