[Iag-list] Call for session proposals: World Social Science Forum 2018 - Security and Equality for Sustainable Futures, 25-28 September 2018, Fukuoka, Japan

Iain Hay iain.hay at flinders.edu.au
Fri Aug 4 09:03:14 AEST 2017

	Dear Colleagues,

	Call for session proposals: World Social Science Forum 2018 - Security and Equality for Sustainable Futures, 25-28 September 2018, Fukuoka, Japan

	We're writing to remind you that a call for session proposals for the World Social Science Forum 2018 is now open. The Forum is a flagship activity of the ISSC, and we warmly encourage our members, co-sponsored programmes and other partners to participate.

		We are inviting proposals for parallel sessions under the following sub-themes of the Forum:

	*	Sustainability and security
	*	Cybersecurity
	*	Human security
	*	Security and the 2030 Agenda
	*	Globalization, diversity and cultures of belonging
	*	Development and inclusion in urban and rural areas
	*	Gender equality and security
	*	Health, safety and biosecurity
	*	Freedom, democracy and security

		The submission deadline is 1 September 2017. Proposals will be reviewed by the Scientific Programme Committee <http://www.worldsocialscience.org/2017/07/scientific-programme-committee-appointed-2018-world-social-science-forum/> , and feedback will be provided by the end of November. A call for papers will be announced at a later date.

		More information on session formats and submitting a proposal can be found on the Forum website: www.wssf2018.org <http://www.wssf2018.org/index.html> .

	We would be grateful for your support to share this call for proposals with your networks. A flyer is attached. Please contact us if you would like extra information, photos, standard texts or social media posts to help share the news of the Forum, or with any other questions.

	We hope to see you in Fukuoka in September 2018!

	Best wishes,

	All at the ISSC

	---
	International Social Science Council
	UNESCO House, 1 Rue Miollis, 75732 Paris, Cedex 15, France
	Tel: +33 (0)1 45 68 48 58 Fax: +33 (0)1 45 68 48 62
	www.worldsocialscience.org <http://www.worldsocialscience.org/>  | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/IntSocialScience>  | Twitter <https://twitter.com/ISSCWorld>  | Youtube <http://www.youtube.com/user/ISSCWorld>  | Soundcloud <http://soundcloud.com/isscworld>  | Flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/isscworld/>  | Blog <http://blog.worldsocialscience.org/>
	World Social Science | Report <http://www.worldsocialscience.org/activities/world-social-science-report/>  | Forum <http://www.worldsocialscience.org/activities/world-social-science-forum/>  | Prizes <http://www.worldsocialscience.org/activities/scientific-prizes/>  | Fellows <http://www.worldsocialscience.org/activities/world-social-science-fellows-programme/>  | Transformations <http://www.worldsocialscience.org/activities/transformations/>

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This e-mail is subject to UCT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via csirt at uct.ac.za