[Iag-list] Associate Research Fellow attached to 'Hazards, culture and indigenous communities' project - Deakin University
t.neale at deakin.edu.au
Mon Aug 21 15:31:53 AEST 2017
POSITION: Associate Research Fellow at Deakin University, Australia
Full-Time / Temporary (2 years)
SALARY RANGE: AUD$83,120 to AUD$89,046 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed term to 31 December 2019
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation is seeking to recruit academics to join a team of established colleagues working in collaboration and engagement between Aboriginal peoples and the natural hazards sector.
This will include:
· Initiating and conducting research on the Hazards, culture and indigenous communities (HCIC) project as directed by the project chief investigators
· Conducting a qualitative study of practitioners from Aboriginal and other cultural backgrounds who work in the natural hazards sector in southern Australia
· Mapping the socio-institutional governance landscape of natural hazards risk management, Aboriginal peoples’ societies and polities, and their interrelation
· PhD in a relevant discipline including anthropology, sociology, indigenous studies, cultural studies, geography, and science and technology studies
· Emerging research and scholarship through publications, and/or exhibitions as appropriate to the discipline
· Ability to make a contribution to communities through research
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description see: https://jobs.deakin.edu.au/psc/HCMP/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=170518&PostingSeq=1
For more about the HCIC project see: http://www.bnhcrc.com.au/research/hazard-resilience/3397
For more about the Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation see: http://www.deakin.edu.au/adi
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Cayla Edwards, cayla.edwards at deakin.edu.au
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 1 October 2017
Dr Timothy Neale
Research Fellow | Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation
Deakin University | Melbourne | Australia
t.neale at deakin.edu.au
Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.
Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Iag-list