[Iag-list] New book available: Planning in Indigenous Australia

Libby Porter libby.porter at rmit.edu.au
Wed Aug 23 10:42:33 AEST 2017

Dear colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce a new book available now from Routledge: *Planning
in Indigenous Australia: From imperial foundations to postcolonial futures
<https://www.routledge.com/Planning-in-Indigenous-Australia-From-Imperial-Foundations-to-Postcolonial/Jackson-Porter-Johnson/p/book/9781138909984>*

The book analyses the relationship between planning and Indigenous peoples
in Australia in historical and contemporary terms. It rewrites the
histories of 3 major Australian cities from the perspective of that
relationship, sets out the obligations of planning in relation to
Indigenous land rights, native title and cultural heritage, and charts the
new ways planning must now respond to Indigenous peoples' claims and
aspirations.

My co-authors Sue Jackson, Louise Johnson and I hope this will be a useful
text for planning students and educators especially in light of the new
accreditation requirements from the Planning Institute of Australia.

Best wishes
Libby Porter
With apologies for x-postings

--

*Associate Professor and VC's Principal Research Fellow*
*Centre for Urban Research*

*I respectfully acknowledge the Elders past, present and future of the
Kulin Nations, **on whose stolen lands I live and work. *

*New book out August 2017!!*
*Planning in Indigenous Australia: From imperial foundations to
postcolonial futures
<https://www.routledge.com/Planning-in-Indigenous-Australia-From-Imperial-Foundations-to-Postcolonial/Jackson-Porter-Johnson/p/book/9781138909984>*

*Things I'm interested in that you might be too:*
Planning Theory and Practice -
https://sites.google.com/site/planningtheoryandpractice/home
INURA - www.inura.org
Planners Network - www.plannersnetwork.org and Planners Network UK -