[Iag-list] MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE COLONIALISM

Simon P J Batterbury simonpjb at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Sep 15 13:19:45 AEST 2017

I had to look up who Bruce Ryan was. I came across a member profile from the Geographical Society of NSW. https://www.geogsoc.org.au/site/content.cfm?page_id=329491&current_category_code=5920
 In it, he says " In all of this, the Geographical Society has remained the lighthouse that guided me back to Australia, keeping me in touch with Australian concerns and geographical endeavours. It has
rejuvenated my retirement, while certifying me as the old curmudgeon I'd always hoped to be."

Mission accomplished, then.

Dr. Simon Batterbury
Professor of Political Ecology, LEC, Lancaster University, UK, Europe. S.batterbury @ lancaster.ac.uk
Principal Fellow | School of Geography | | University of Melbourne, 3010 VIC, Australia. |  simonpjb @ unimelb.edu.au