[Iag-list] MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE COLONIALISM

Simon P J Batterbury simonpjb at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Sep 20 17:12:43 AEST 2017

Good Board decision.
Of course the next stage is for Taylor and Francis to decide what to do with the article, before people start citing it and it boosts the journal JIF. The COPE framework on publication ethics is a good way to go in such cases of alleged malpractice. www.publicationethics.org

There have been other cases in other journals recently in which outside adjudication was necessary. I know the insides of such debates from the commercial world and as a publisher/editor deliberately  positioned well outside it, and there is a lot of work involved.

Message: 2