[Iag-list] An Exhibition of The Melbourne Map

Brendan Whyte obiwonfive at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 09:06:56 AEDT 2017

The new and updated version of the iconic 1990s Melbourne Map, will be the feature of an exhibition in the Melbourne CBD next week.

Melinda Clarke, who published the original map, will take the original artwork up to a “pop-up” shop at 45 Collins St, Melbourne and artist Lewis Brownlie will continue working on the revised Melbourne Map illustration - giving the general public a unique opportunity to see the map being made.

They will also be displaying the original artwork for the first Melbourne map, which has never been on public display before.

Brochure attached.

Time lapse video of Lewis in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvjiWLlEm0

Link for more info NOVEMBER EXHIBITION DETAILS<https://www.themelbournemap.com.au/come-see-melbourne-map-illustrated/>

Press release below:

We are so thrilled to announce that we have partnered with Collins Place and the Sofitel to bring The Melbourne Map into the heart of the CBD for one week only!

 From the 13th to 19th November 2017 you can witness the talent of chief illustrator Lewis Brownlie at work as he continues to draw The Melbourne Map on site, as well as view original maps from the 90s.

This is an incredible opportunity to see The Melbourne Map being brought to life one magnificent building at a time. Come and join the fun.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: An Exhibition of the Melbourne Map

Wednesday 8 November 2017

Media Kit https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vuey1m9hpwc3v3b/AAAmkBzu5sDCPq6cl_iEVJfTa?dl=0

We are putting Melbourne on the Map

For lovers of the world’s most liveable city, SAVE THE DATE for our one-week exhibition of The Melbourne Map - Monday 13th - Sunday 19th November 2017

If you’ve heard about the intricate detail of The Melbourne Map and want to see it for yourself, come to our exhibition hosted by Collins Place - 45 Collins Street, Melbourne. This is a unique opportunity to see the extraordinary talent of Artist Lewis Brownlie as he continues to illustrate The Melbourne Map in real time.

If you were around in the 1990’s it’s likely you remember The Melbourne Map: a detailed illustration of the CBD and surrounding suburbs. The Melbourne Map – 1991 With a quarter of a century of changes to Melbourne’s landscape, (Southern Cross Station, Docklands, Etihad Stadium, Melbourne Sports and Entertainment precinct, Birrarung Marr, Crown and Southbank developments, Federation Square, Bolte Bridge, Eureka Tower, Melbourne Museum etc.) and so many other significant buildings, which now adorn Melbourne’s skyline – it was time for an update.

More than 3 years and 6,000 hours have been invested in the research and illustration so far – the detail is outstanding. So whether you live in one of Melbourne’s sky scrapers, work in the CBD, live in the surrounding suburbs or if Melbourne is just your go-to place to visit, this map captures Melbourne’s character in intricate illustrative detail, taking the viewer on a journey of discovery and familiarity. Additionally, and for the first time ever, the original 1990 Melbourne Map by artist Deborah Young will also be on display plus some of the few remaining copies will be available for sale.

This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be up close and personal to witness our much-loved city being illustrated one magnificent building at a time. See you at the exhibition.

SAVE THE DATE Monday 13 to Sunday 19 November

Location: Shop 2, 45 Collins Street, Melbourne (to the left of the main entrance to Collins Place)

Opening Times: 10am to 6pm each day

o Lewis Brownlie will be illustrating The (new) Melbourne Map

o The original line drawing of the 1990 Melbourne Map will be on display

o The original hand coloured 1991 Melbourne Map will be on display

o Kid’s Corner – have fun colouring a Black & White 1990 Melbourne Map

About The Melbourne Map

The Melbourne Map is a remarkable illustration and treasured historical record of the CBD and surrounding suburbs.  The artwork captures the flavour and vibrancy of the world’s most liveable city taking the viewer on a journey that balances nostalgia and discovery. The business supports our community by manufacturing products in Australia and by donating a percentage of sales to Kids Under Cover.

Web www.themelbournemap.com.au<http://www.themelbournemap.com.au/>

Facebook The Melbourne Map<https://www.facebook.com/themelbournemap/?ref=bookmarks>

Instagram @themelbournemap<https://www.instagram.com/themelbournemap>

Interviews and high res images available upon request.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Kind regards

Melinda Clarke

Melinda Clarke

Founder/Producer

[cid:82998158-da47-44ab-8980-b5367255fc91 at shire.nla.gov.au]

Limited Edition  |  Art Print  |  Jigsaw
www.themelbournemap.com.au<https://www.themelbournemap.com.au/>

SHOP<https://www.themelbournemap.com.au/product-category/the-melbourne-map/>  |  INSTAGRAM<https://www.instagram.com/themelbournemap/>  |  FACEBOOK<https://www.facebook.com/themelbournemap/>  |  LINKEDIN<https://www.linkedin.com/in/melindajclarke/>