[Iag-list] Upcoming seminars at AUSCCER (UOW): Tracey Skelton (NUS) and Jason W. Moore (Binghamton, US)

Pauline McGuirk pmcguirk at uow.edu.au
Mon Nov 13 17:48:00 AEDT 2017

Dear IAG list members

AUSCCER is happy to invite you to attend two upcoming seminars at UOW from distinguished international visiting geographers Tracey Skelton (NUS) and Jason W. Moore (Binghamton).

Details are attached and summarized below.

A/Professor Tracey Skelton, National University of Singapore
Hydrating Hyderabad: Rapid urbanisation, water scarcity and the difficulties and possibilities of human flourishing
DATE: Wednesday 29 November, 2017
TIME: 12.30 – 1.30pm
PLACE: Early Start Building 21.G08

A/Professor Jason W. Moore, Fernand Braudel Center, Binghamton University, USA
Capitalocene Geographies, or, Why the Geographical Imagination Needs World History
DATE: Tuesday 5th December 2017
TIME: 1-2pm
PLACE: Early Start Building 21.G04

Professor Pauline McGuirk
DIRECTOR, AUSCCER
Head of Research, School of Geography and Sustainable Communities
Faculty of Social Sciences |Building 41  Room 246
Co-Editor Progress in Human Geography

University of Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
T: +61 2 42213124
uow.edu.au<http://www.uow.edu.au/index.html> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UOW> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/uow> | Instagram<http://instagram.com/uow/> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=10255> |
[cid:image001.png at 01D35CA7.8C1E34C0]

I acknowledge the Aboriginal custodians of the land in the region where I live and work, the Ilouri, Wadi Wadi and Dharawal peoples. I acknowledge the Elders, past, present and future, and Country itself.

University of Wollongong CRICOS: 00102E
Your feedback is appreciated and can be submitted at: feedback at uow.edu.au<mailto:feedback at uow.edu.au>
NOTICE: This email is intended for the addressee name and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Please consider the environment before printing this email.