[Iag-list] CDSG Call for sessions - NZGS/IAG Conference, Auckland, July 11-14 July, 2018 'Creative conversations, constructive connections'

Paul Hodge paul.hodge at newcastle.edu.au
Fri Dec 22 18:50:51 AEDT 2017

Hi Folks,

The official call for sessions is open for the NZGS/IAG Conference July 11-14 2018: ‘Creative conversations, constructive connections’.

The Critical Development Studies Group is working alongside DevNet (Aotearoa New Zealand's International Development Studies Network) this year and together we're keen to support session proposals.

Please send session abstracts of 150-200 words by Wednesday 24 January, 2018 to:

Kelly Dombroski (Co-convenor DevNet) Kelly.Dombroski at canterbury.ac.nz

Paul Hodge Paul.Hodge at newcastle.edu.au

Sophie Webber Sophie.Webber at sydney.edu.au,

Sarah Wright Sarah.Wright at newcastle.edu.au,

Fiona Miller Fiona.Miller at mq.edu.au,

Session abstracts must be accompanied by (i) a session title (max 15 words), (ii) the name(s) of session convenors; (iii) a maximum of 5 keywords (iv) an initial estimate of the number of contributors, and (v) the desired format for the session.

We've already had interest for two paper sessions: 'Critical geographies of China' (Sarah Roger, University of Melbourne, rogerssm at unimelb.edu.au) and 'More-than-human development' (Andrew McGregor, Macquarie University, Andrew.McGregor at mq.edu.au). Please contact Sarah or Andrew directly if you would like to be in the session.

Have a great break everyone!!
Take care

Paul on behalf of the CDSG of the IAG.

Dr Paul Hodge

Lecturer in Development Studies, Geography & Environmental Studies
School of Environmental and Life Sciences

I acknowledge the Aboriginal custodians of the land in the region where I live and work, the Awabakal and Worimi peoples. I acknowledge the Elders, past, present and future, and Country itself.

Co-convenor Critical Development Study Group (IAG)

Profile:  http://www.newcastle.edu.au/profile/paul-hodge

T: +61 2 4921 5092 (Room SR296 Geography Wing, Social Science Building)
E: paul.hodge at newcastle.edu.au<mailto:paul.hodge at newcastle.edu.au>

The University of Newcastle (UoN)
University Drive
Callaghan NSW 2308