[Iag-list] Professor of Planning, Western Sydney University

Andrew Gorman-Murray A.Gorman-Murray at westernsydney.edu.au
Thu Jan 18 00:25:40 AEDT 2018

Dear all,

We are seeking a Professor of Planning at Western Sydney University. Details and links below.

Best wishes,

Andrew Gorman-Murray

*****

Ref 061/18 - Professor of Planning, School of Social Sciences Psychology

Western Sydney University, with the School of Social Sciences and Psychology, is seeking to appoint a Professor of Planning at Western to support teaching in physical, technical, social and design areas of planning.

The Professor will also provide leadership in research in broadly the same area as well as establish and develop strong ties with the planning and development industry. Sydney/NSW is experiencing a once in a generation infrastructure and housing boom that is raising demand for urban planners. Our urban planning courses guided by the Professor of Planning would help meet this increased demand for skilled planners.

The School of Social Sciences and Psychology offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including research programs that combine advanced academic knowledge with real-life training to suit a range of career needs and interests in a range of disciplines including: Geography, Planning, Heritage and Tourism and Peace and Development Studies.

Urban planning courses at Western have a long and illustrious history. Undergraduate planning degree courses have been offered at the university since 1995 and the postgraduate courses since 2005. Since inception of planning education, Western has produced over seven hundred undergraduate and postgraduate planners. Our graduates have been highly successful in their professional planning careers. They have been shaping the future of our cities through their good work with the local councils, state agencies, planning consultants and developers.

Western holds accreditations from the Planning Institute of Australia for its undergraduate and postgraduate planning courses. Our postgraduate planning courses are very popular with international students. About half of our Masters students in planning are international. We also have several HDR students at various stages of completion in the PhD program in planning. Our undergraduate planning course has the highest ATAR of all planning courses in NSW. Students enrolled in planning courses are routinely the best performing in the School of Social Sciences and Psychology.

This is a full-time, ongoing position based at the Penrith Campus.

Details, candidate brochure and application process can be found via the Western employment portal: https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/employment/home/current_vacancies

Position Enquiries: Professor Kevin Dunn, Dean and Provost - Penrith Campus, ssap-dean at westernsydney.edu.au

Closing Date: 25 February 2018

Professor Andrew Gorman-Murray BA (Hons) MArt UNSW PhD Macq.
Professor of Geography, School of Social Sciences and Psychology
Research Theme Champion, Urban Living and Society, Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (REDI)
Director, Urban Research Program, School of Social Sciences and Psychology
Member, Sexualities and Genders Research, School of Social Sciences and Psychology
https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/staff_profiles/uws_profiles/professor_andrew_gorman-murray
<http://www.uws.edu.au/staff_profiles/uws_profiles/doctor_andrew_gorman-murray>
https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=HgVckQ4AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao

Editor, Emotion, Space and Society
http://www.journals.elsevier.com/emotion-space-and-society/

School of Social Sciences and Psychology
Western Sydney University
Locked Bag 1797, Penrith, NSW, 2751

Office: Parramatta South Campus, EJD.G.58