[Iag-list] CALL FOR PAPERS - Tourism Geographies. - Pre IGU-regional conference meeting, 2-5 August 2018, La Malbaie, Charlevoix, Quebec, Canada

Iain Hay iain.hay at flinders.edu.au
Fri Feb 2 09:13:03 AEDT 2018

Apologies for cross-postings...

Dear tourism geographers,

Please find attached a first Call for papers for the Pre IGU-regional conference meeting, 2-5 August 2018, La Malbaie,Charlevoix, Quebec, Canada titled
Tourism Geographies.
The central aim of this conference is to provide a platform for debating current research in tourism geographies. The conference has no particular topic and its ambition is to be inclusive. We encourage various perspectives on all issues addressed within tourism geographies. We also hope for a wide attendance in order to fulfill one of the purposes of the IGU, i.e. to facilitate learning by not only comparing different places, but also different approaches and traditions.

The conference is co-organized and supported by Department of Geography, Université Laval, Quebec City, the IGU Commission Geography of Tourism, Leisure and Global Change, the CAG Tourism and Recreation Study Group and the AAG Recreation, Tourism and Sport Specialty Group.

Paper submission

Abstracts should be submitted not later than 15 March 2018 to dieter.muller at umu.se<file:///C:/Users/dimu0001/Dropbox/IGU/Quebec/dieter.muller@umu.se>. All abstracts will be reviewed by the IGU Commission before being accepted for the conference. Notification of acceptance will be send out not later than 2 April 2018.

Abstracts should be in English. Besides paper title, authors and affiliations, abstracts should not exceed 300 words and should contain information on theoretical background, methodology, results and conclusions, as well as five keywords. Abstracts have to be submitted in a Word compatible format. Sessions will be organized based on the content of the submitted abstracts.

A conference web page with more information will be available soon  - I hope to see many of you in La Malbaie
Dieter K. Müller

DIETER K. MÜLLER
Deputy Vice-chancellor, Umeå University
Ph.D., Professor, Department of Geography and Economic History, Umeå University
Arctic Research Centre at Umeå University (ARCUM), Chairperson
SE-901 87 Umeå, Sweden

Chair, IGU Commission Geography of Tourism, Leisure and Global Change

Tel.: +46 - 90 - 786 63 66, cell.: + 46 - 70 - 216 43 27
E-post: dieter.muller at umu.se<mailto:dieter.muller at umu.se>

Homepage: http://www.geo.umu.se/kulturgeografi/om-institutionen/personal/muller-dieter/<https://protect-za.mimecast.com/s/Z0lkCMjKp1SzqlJLFGDSlx>

Book series editor:
Geographies of Tourism and Global Change, (Springer, forthcoming)

Resource editor:
Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism<https://protect-za.mimecast.com/s/mI9eCNxKq0ij0R6QfVmicM>

Editorial board member:
Current Issues in Tourism<https://protect-za.mimecast.com/s/yA9lCO7Xr8svpGOgfWDhOe>
Tourism Geographies<https://protect-za.mimecast.com/s/MyEqCP1KvQU3Kl62cWHX0D>
Matkailututkimus - The Finnish Journal of Tourism Research<https://protect-za.mimecast.com/s/W9ccCQ1Kw7UokxRKFv3pjv>
Hrvatski Geografski Glasnik - Croatian Geographical Bulletin<https://protect-za.mimecast.com/s/azJRCRgKx1f5vVOpFviKcM>

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.