[Iag-list] 2nd Call for Papers - Mapping Empires symposium

Brendan Whyte obiwonfive at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:16:38 AEDT 2018

Dear Commission Members and Map Friends,

This e-mail serves as a reminder that you have until 1 March to submit an abstract for our international symposium ‘Mapping Empires: Colonial Cartographies of Land and Sea’, which will be held from 13 to 15 September 2018 in Oxford (UK) and is jointly organised by our Commission on the History of Cartography together with the ICA Commission on Topographic Mapping and the Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford. You can find the call for papers attached.

Besides its scientific programme, the symposium will also include a nice array of social events, namely an ice-breaker reception, a maps and rare books exhibit and reception at Christ Church Library, a guided tour of Oxford, a conference dinner and a full-day visit to nearby Blenheim Palace.

We sincerely hope you will consider joining us in Oxford!

For more information please visit the symposium website at http://mappingempires.icaci.org/.

Please feel free to forward this e-mail to other interested persons.

Best regards,

Soetkin Vervust

Secretary ICA Commission on the History of Cartography