[Iag-list] New book from open access publishing house

Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt kuntala.lahiri-dutt at anu.edu.au
Fri Mar 2 13:45:24 AEDT 2018

Dear colleagues,
I am posting an announcement of my new book, 'Between the Plough and the Pick' (which is about informal, artisanal and small-scale mining in the world). Do please visit the link below to download the entire book as a pdf file.
The good news is that it is FREE.
The Australian National University (ANU) has revolutionised publishing by making all books from ANU Press freely downloadable. This is a great way for us to steal the thunder away from the commercial publishing houses who make profits from our intellectual labour.
Please check more books on their website!

https://press.anu.edu.au/publications/between-plough-and-pick

Apologies for cross-postings.
Since there is no 'commercial publicity', this is the only way one can 'spread the word'. Please forgive the immodesty according to conventional rules.
Kuntala