[Iag-list] CfP: Contemporary themes in Urban Geography IAG/NZGS conference July 2018

Libby Porter libby.porter at rmit.edu.au
Wed Mar 14 06:58:01 AEDT 2018

*Call for Paper abstracts: Contemporary Themes in Urban Geography*

*Sponsored by the Urban Geography Study Group*

The urban condition has never been more contested, important or uncertain.
This session invites papers that consider contemporary trends, themes and
debates in urban geography in order to critically consider the experience,
meaning and future of the urban. This might include critical engagement
with the following, or other, suggested themes:

·      Economies and transformations in work, labour and space

·      Trends and tensions in urban development

·      Climate, justice and environmental transformation

·      The politics of urban life from governance and policy to struggle
and resistance

·      Gender, feminism and the future of urban life

·      Transformations in urban institutions

·      Housing, home and livelihoods

·      Cities as Indigenous places

·      Property, land use and land management

·      The human and more-than-human materialities of urban life

·      Knowing and measuring the urban

Please send abstracts of no more than 250 words to Libby Porter by 5pm
Tuesday 27 March – email: libby.porter at rmit.edu.au

--

*Professor Libby Porter*
*Vice Chancellor's Principal Research Fellow*

*I respectfully acknowledge the Elders past, present and future of the
Kulin Nations, **on whose stolen lands I live and work. *

*New book out August 2017!!*
*Planning in Indigenous Australia: From imperial foundations to
postcolonial futures
<https://www.routledge.com/Planning-in-Indigenous-Australia-From-Imperial-Foundations-to-Postcolonial/Jackson-Porter-Johnson/p/book/9781138909984>*

*Things I'm interested in that you might be too:*
Planning Theory and Practice -
https://sites.google.com/site/planningtheoryandpractice/home
INURA - www.inura.org
Planners Network - www.plannersnetwork.org and Planners Network UK -