[Iag-list] Call for IAG Postgraduate Student Travel Grant Applications to attend NZGS/IAG AUCKLAND 2018
rbartel at une.edu.au
Wed Mar 21 07:45:05 AEDT 2018
Please promote the IAG call for Postgraduate travel grant applications at:
https://www.iag.org.au/travel-grants-for-postgraduates amongst your research students,
PS apologies for cross-postings
View this email in your browser<http://https://www.iag.org.au/index.cfm?module=emailcampaign&siteview=%3C%25OPK%5B%5FV%26U%2AX%28WT%5F%29%5FDG%3CTL%21%5E5L4%3B%3A%5CY%29%23OG%2E10%20%20%0A>
IAG Travel Grants for Postgraduate Members
The IAG supports the active participation of its postgraduate members. To further this aim the IAG provides travel grants to assist eligible Research Higher Degree students to attend the annual IAG National Conference. The following describes the selection criteria and application process for postgraduate members of the IAG who wish to apply for funding to attend:
*The Joint NZGS/IAG Conference in Auckland, New Zealand, 11-14 July, 2018.
Eligibility criteria and award conditions
To be eligible for an IAG Postgraduate Travel Grant you must be:
* a current financial member of the IAG (note: applications from student members outside Australia will be considered);
* enrolled in either a Masters degree (Research) or a Doctoral degree on the date you apply for funding;
* presenting a paper at the conference;
* registered to attend the conference for its full duration; and
* able to submit a 500 word 'reflection' report to the IAG within 30 days of attending the conference.
Travel grants are awarded at the discretion of the IAG Council. Whilst the total sum awarded is generous, the amount of each individual grant will vary depending on the number and location of applicants as a tiered system of funding is employed according to distance travelled to and from the event. In previous years individual grants have rarely exceeded several hundred dollars per applicant. Students are encouraged to pursue other sources of funding support if required.
How to apply for funding
Complete the attached form: Postgraduate Student Travel Grant Application and email it to
IAG Vice President Assoc Prof Beverley Clarke beverley.clarke at flinders.edu.au <mailto:beverley.clarke at flinders.edu.au>
no later than Friday 18 May 2018.
In the subject line of your email please write "IAG Postgraduate Student Travel Grant Application for [your name]".
You must also attach to the email, in a single PDF file:
1. evidence of your registration at the conference;
2. advice of the acceptance of your paper (where available);
3. a copy of your paper's abstract and title;
4. proof of your enrolment in either a Masters degree (Research) or a Doctoral degree, and
5. banking details (Name of Bank, BSB, account number, name of account).
After the Conference
Grant recipients must write a 500 word 'reflection' report outlining your participation in the conference, your reflections on the conference and detail how you spent the grant money. Your report should be submitted to the Vice-President (Past President), Prof Steve Turton s.turton at cqu.edu.au <mailto:s.turton at cqu.edu.au> within 30 days of the conclusion of the conference. Reports may be reproduced in part or full in the IAG Newsletter.
Please click on the link below to access the application form.
IAG Postgrad Travel Grants 2018<http://www.iag.org.au/client_images/2039802.docx>
Institute of Australian Geographers Incorporated
Unsubscribe from this newsletter<https://www.iag.org.au/index.cfm?module=emailcampaign&unsubscribe=1&pa=2120612&ci=12060>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Iag-list