[Iag-list] One Year Appointment At Curtin University

Tod Jones T.Jones at curtin.edu.au
Fri Apr 13 20:01:59 AEST 2018

Curtin University is currently advertising a one-year Research Fellow position that would suit some Geographers.

The Curtin University Sustainability Policy Institute is within the  School of Design and the Built Environment and leads in high-quality and globally significant research within the general area of sustainability policy. For this appointment the placement is within the smart and sustainable cities research group.

It entails responsibility for the supervision of PhD students and carrying out research within three research projects

*         Firstly, an ARC Industry Training Centre with the University of Melbourne. We are coordinating our research with Fleetwood (a modular building company) and with two PhD students working with Circular Economy.

*         Secondly, An ARENA funded project on Governance Models for solar- battery storage systems in the White Gum Valley. This project has three PhD students directly in the project, but there are two more in the CRC for Low Carbon Living.

*         Finally, a recently funded Smart Cities grant which focusses on linking renewable energy and sustainable water systems across Fremantle through sensors/meters and peer-to-peer trading through Blockchain.
You will also be expected to help and possibly lead proposals for further sources of research funding. All funding in the smart and sustainable cities group is demand led.
You will be expected to collaborate with the other researchers within the group. We publish our research as articles in high level peer-reviewed journals as a team.

For details, see:  http://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/CURTIN105-research-fellow-alb

Applications close: 12pm, Thursday 26th April.

Regards, Tod