[Iag-list] Research: Anzac Day and Remembrance Day 2018

Danielle Drozdzewski danielled at unsw.edu.au
Thu Apr 19 14:48:02 AEST 2018

We are still looking for a few more participants in Canberra and Melbourne for our research about Anzac Day.  Details are below; please distribute to relevant lists and people.

Many thanks,

Danielle, Shanti and Emma.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anzac Day and Remembrance Day 2018
The Project: This year, 2018, is the centenary of the end of the First World War and we want to find out what this means in Australia today.
We will conduct research on Anzac Day and Remembrance Day 2018 in Canberra and Melbourne and we need your help!
We are looking for 15-20 Canberra and Melbourne-based participants who plan to go to a ceremony on Anzac Day.  It could be the Official Dawn Service, but also other smaller local services.
If you are interested in the research but do not plan to attend a service, please still contact us as we are also interested in what you hear about Anzac Day in the media.
What is required: You will be asked to take about 10 photos on your own smartphone that show your experience of Anzac Day, and then be interviewed about the photos you took.
The interviews will be conducted in person, at a time and place convenient to you in the days immediately after Anzac 2018.  The interviews will take about half an hour.
You can choose to remain anonymous.
Who is doing the research: Dr Shanti Sumartojo (RMIT), Dr Danielle Drozdzewski (UNSW) and Assoc. Prof Emma Waterton (WSU). The project has Human Research Ethics approval through RMIT.
Contact: For more information, please contact danielled at unsw.edu.au<mailto:danielled at unsw.edu.au> and shanti.sumartojo at rmit.edu.au<mailto:shanti.sumartojo at rmit.edu.au>

Dr Danielle Drozdzewski
Senior Lecturer in Human Geography
School of Humanities and Languages