[Iag-list] Proptech and Blockchain seminar Barcelona January 2019

Libby Porter libby.porter at rmit.edu.au
Tue May 15 10:36:52 AEST 2018

Please find info below and attached about a seminar in Barcelona in January
2019 on Proptech and Blockchain impacts that may be of interest...

Join us in Barcelona 17 and 18 January 2019 at RMIT Europe for the
inaugural international comparative discussion on opportunities and
challenges for PropTech and Blockchain technologies for land registration,
recording real property and financial interests, and land use planning and
development applications.

We welcome industry and academic attendance.
When: Thursday 17 January 2019 will showcase PropTech products and services
& Friday 18

January 2019 industry and academic short papers.

Where: RMIT Europe, Media-TIC Building, Level 5, c/Roc Boronat 117, 08018,
Barcelona, Spain.

Cost: Free
Presentations: Short 10 minute presentations are proposed. If you would
like to present

please email your intention to rebecca.leshinsky at rmit.edu.au by 1 October
2018.

RSVP for attendance: Final date: By 1 November 2018 (spaces are limited)

There are two academic outputs proposed from this seminar

1. Special issue (2020) on Blockchain/PropTech in the Journal of Property,
Planning and Environment Law http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/JPPEL.htm

2. Edited book for practitioners and students which addresses legal and
governance issues as they relate to PropTech/Blockchain technologies for
land registration, and the recording of property and financial interests,
as well as land use and development applications.

Hosts:

Dr Rebecca Leshinsky, RMIT University, Australia
Professor Kostas Lalenis, University of Thessaly, Greece
Associate Professor Balkiz Yapicioglu, Arkin University of Creative Arts
and Design, Faculty of Design, Cyprus

--

*Professor Libby Porter*
*Vice Chancellor's Principal Research Fellow*

*I respectfully acknowledge the Elders past, present and future of the
Kulin Nations, **on whose stolen lands I live and work. *

*New book out*
*Planning in Indigenous Australia: From imperial foundations to
postcolonial futures
<https://www.routledge.com/Planning-in-Indigenous-Australia-From-Imperial-Foundations-to-Postcolonial/Jackson-Porter-Johnson/p/book/9781138909984>*

*Things I'm interested in that you might be too:*
Planning Theory and Practice -
https://sites.google.com/site/planningtheoryandpractice/home
INURA - www.inura.org
Planners Network - www.plannersnetwork.org and Planners Network UK -