[Iag-list] Sydney Fellowships for 2019 opening on 9th July

Philip Mcmanus phil.mcmanus at sydney.edu.au
Mon Jul 2 17:16:08 AEST 2018

Hi everyone,
The Sydney Fellowships scheme is opening again in a week's time https://intranet.sydney.edu.au/news/all/2018/06/29/applications-for-2019-university-of-sydney-fellowships.html

A total of 10 three-year fellowships will be awarded for 2019. Recipients will receive a $98,940 per annum base salary, up to 17 percent superannuation (pension fund), a $25,000 research grant, four weeks annual leave per year (plus generous leave loading) and return airfares to relocate to Sydney. A $30,000 bonus grant will also be awarded if fellows receive an external fellowship in the first two years of their fellowship.

This is a scheme that has seen three Sydney Fellows from the 2017 round arrive in the School of Geosciences, and we are encouraging suitable applicants to consider joining us through this scheme in 2019.  It is very competitive, and involves working with one of the University's 10 whole-of-university multidisciplinary initiatives in order for a candidate to apply, but this is definitely worth doing if we have strong candidates.  As noted above, the School of Geosciences does have a very good record of success.  The School of Geosciences at the University of Sydney is seeking to further develop its strong research capabilities and to foster the careers of emerging academics.  If you are interested, please contact me via email or contact one of our academics if you have an established working relationship with them.

With best wishes,

Phil

Phil McManus
Professor of Urban and Environmental Geography
Head of School of Geosciences
The University of Sydney
SYDNEY   NSW   AUSTRALIA  2006
email:  phil.mcmanus at sydney.edu.au
phone: 61-2-9351 4242

President - Geographical Society of New South Wales (GSNSW)
http://www.geogsoc.org.au/site/index.cfm?display=279275

Recent publications:
Yan, L., McManus, P., Duncan, E. (2018). Understanding ethnic differences in perceptions, attitudes, and behaviours: a study of domestic water use in Sydney. Geographical Research, 56(1), 54-67

Smoleniec, L., McManus, P., Duncan, E. (2017). Understanding the dynamics of sustainability transitions: the Home Insulation Program. Australian Geographer, 48(4), 497-517