[Iag-list] AUSCCER (UOW) evolves into ACCESS

Pauline McGuirk pmcguirk at uow.edu.au
Tue Jul 3 15:17:50 AEST 2018

Dear IAG geographers
Many of you will be aware of the Australian Centre for Cultural Environmental Research (AUSCCER) based in UOW’s School of Geography and Sustainable Communities.

Today AUSCCER is evolving and adopting the new name ACCESS: The Australian Centre for Culture, Environment, Society and Space.
AUSCCER was founded in 2009 around UOW human geographers’ culturally-inflected work on socio-environmental relations, and grew to become a UOW Research Strength. Bound by a collective interest in critical and generative research for progressive social and environmental change, qualitative methodologies and a valuing of diverse knowledges, the group’s research interests have expanded as we have grown. Reflecting this expansion in size and in the scope of our research, we are entering a new chapter as ACCESS.
ACCESS’ new website went live this morning at https://socialsciences.uow.edu.au/access/index.html.
The site details our new research platforms:
- Reworking Cities and Economies
- Living Environmental Change
- Negotiating Everyday Sustainabilities.

Our twitter handle also changes today and we become @ACCESS_GEOG.

ACCESS will build on AUSCCER’s strong research tradition, as well as its commitment to collegial and collaborative research practice.

We look forward to working with you in the future.

Best wishes
Pauline

Professor Pauline McGuirk
DIRECTOR,  ACCESS (formerly AUSCCER)
Head of Research, School of Geography and Sustainable Communities
Faculty of Social Sciences |Building 41  Room 246
Co-Editor Progress in Human Geography

University of Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
T: +61 2 42213124
uow.edu.au<http://www.uow.edu.au/index.html> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UOW> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/uow> | Instagram<http://instagram.com/uow/> | LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=10255> |
[cid:image001.png at 01D36F7F.A153A6A0]

I acknowledge the Aboriginal custodians of the land in the region where I live and work, the Ilouri, Wadi Wadi and Dharawal peoples. I acknowledge the Elders, past, present and future, and Country itself.

University of Wollongong CRICOS: 00102E
Your feedback is appreciated and can be submitted at: feedback at uow.edu.au<mailto:feedback at uow.edu.au>
NOTICE: This email is intended for the addressee name and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Please consider the environment before printing this email.