[Iag-list] REFIGURING THE POSTCOLONIAL FOR PRECARIOUS TIMES: Melbourne, 13-14 September

Libby Porter libby.porter at rmit.edu.au
Mon Aug 6 12:08:17 AEST 2018

Apologies for x-postings.

*****PLEASE CIRCULATE THROUGH YOUR NETWORKS**REGISTRATION NOW OPEN*****

[image: cid:image001.jpg at 01D42850.EE1F4B30]

*REGISTER HERE: *https://www.eventbrite.com.au/
e/refiguring-the-postcolonial-for-precarious-times-tickets-48362884690
<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/refiguring-the-postcolonial-for-precarious-times-tickets-48362884690>

*Melinda Hinkson*

Associate Professor of Anthropology

Australian Research Council Future Fellow

Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation

[image: id:image001.png at 01D39B73.FEAC37C0]
<http://www.deakin.edu.au/adi>

*Deakin University*

Bldg C, Level 6

Melbourne Burwood Campus,

221
<https://maps.google.com/?q=221+Burwood+Highway,+Burwood,+VIC+3125&entry=gmail&source=g>
 Burwood Highway, Burwood, VIC 3125
<https://maps.google.com/?q=221+Burwood+Highway,+Burwood,+VIC+3125&entry=gmail&source=g>

+61 3 9244 3837

melinda.hinkson at deakin.edu.au

Recent articles :

Melinda Hinkson 2017 Precarious placemaking, *Annual Reviews of
Anthropology*, 46: 49-64.
http://www.annualreviews.org/eprint/DdM4Evt3kQVQJ5EpUK7I/
full/10.1146/annurev-anthro-102116-041624
<http://www.annualreviews.org/eprint/DdM4Evt3kQVQJ5EpUK7I/full/10.1146/annurev-anthro-102116-041624>

Melinda Hinkson 2017 Beyond Assimilation and refusal: A Warlpiri
perspective on the politics of recognition, *Postcolonial Studies* 20(1):
86-100.
http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/4UyHSp85tP3WrpBSRhJM/full
<http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/4UyHSp85tP3WrpBSRhJM/full>

* Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the
named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or
storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this
email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise
the sender by return email or telephone. Deakin University does not warrant
that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.*

--

*Professor Libby Porter*
*Vice Chancellor's Principal Research Fellow*

*I respectfully acknowledge the Elders past, present and future of the
Kulin Nation, **on whose stolen lands I live and work. *

*New book out*
*Planning in Indigenous Australia: From imperial foundations to
postcolonial futures
<https://www.routledge.com/Planning-in-Indigenous-Australia-From-Imperial-Foundations-to-Postcolonial/Jackson-Porter-Johnson/p/book/9781138909984>*

*Things I'm interested in that you might be too:*
Planning Theory and Practice -
https://sites.google.com/site/planningtheoryandpractice/home
INURA - www.inura.org
Planners Network - www.plannersnetwork.org and Planners Network UK -