[Iag-list] CFP: Mobilities, Stories, Movement and Art - Combined Aotearoa New Zealand and Australian Mobilities Symposium 3-4 Dec

Kaya Barry k.barry at griffith.edu.au
Fri Aug 17 13:11:50 AEST 2018

Call for Papers: Mobilities, Stories, Movement and Art

This joint event brings together mobilities scholars and practitioners from the Mobilities Network of Aotearoa/New Zealand and the AusMob Research Network for a two-day event. We welcome papers, creative works and experiments that explore mobilities in the form of narratives or stories, performance or movements, and artistic expression through empirical, theoretical or practical explorations.

The event will invite explorations across three streams of mobilities inquiry:
- Travel writing and mobilities
- Southern perspectives on mobilities
- Mobilities as a performative practice

Across the event we will be joined by keynotes including:
- Jen Southern (Centre for Mobilities Research, Lancaster University, UK)
- Ingrid Horrocks (Massey University, Wellington)
- and others to be confirmed…

The symposium will take place 3-4 December 2018 at The University of Waikato, Hamilton. Further information regarding on-campus accommodation (with special rate for attendees), meals, and travel will be circulated to participants after the CFP closes.

Please submit abstracts of 250 words by 30 September via the online form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd9CO3yDxV1_5dg49kSCrNNKhanNnCoXk8kWfucxqWumL_fhg/viewform

For any further details or queries, please contact Maria Borovnik (m.borovnik at massey.ac.nz) and Kaya Barry (k.barry at griffith.edu.au)

Hope to see you there!

Karen Barbour, Gail Adams-Hutcheson, Maria Borovnik & Kaya Barry
Symposium organisers