[Iag-list] Antenna Documentary Film Festival 2018 program out, including a short film from Geography

Vickie Zhang vzhang at student.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Sep 5 17:14:24 AEST 2018

Hi all,

The 8th Antenna Documentary Film Festival program is out today, and
promises to be a wonderfully rich celebration of documentary both
Australian and international. The full Antenna program is really exciting -
packed with rich narrative and ethnographic storytelling - whose relevance
to human geographers, I hope, needs no justification. The festival runs
from 9th - 14th October in Sydney.

A second agenda for this email is that my short film 'Drum Village Primary
School' will be premiering in Antenna's Australian Shorts Competition - the
film is based on an ongoing documentary project looking at mobility and
social change on China's Loess Plateau.  For those interested, the shorts
program is screening on Sunday 14th at 12.30pm at the Verona. Details here:
http://tix.antennafestival.org/Events/Australian-Shorts-Competition. It
would be wonderful if some of you could make it!

To copy from their bio: 'Antenna is Australia's premier documentary film
festival, showcasing the best documentaries from Australia and around the
world. ... Screening the most talked-about films on the circuit, Antenna is
dedicated to programming independent and cutting-edge films that tread new
ground in the documentary landscape.'

Come along! And even if you won't be in town, the program is wonderfully
inspiring and deserves a thorough look:
http://tix.antennafestival.org/Events?sm=1&h=0

Best wishes,

vickie