[Iag-list] Vickie Zhang joins Cultural Geography Study Group as PhD convenor

Michele Lobo michele.lobo at deakin.edu.au
Wed Sep 12 11:51:35 AEST 2018

Dear Friends
We are delighted to announce that Vickie Zhang will be the PhD representative on the IAG Cultural Geography Study Group convening team for 2 years. There was overwhelming support for Vickie. Thanks everyone for supporting/making the collective decision to include a PhD candidate for the first time (perhaps?) on the Cultural Study Group convening team.
 Vickie Zhang is a PhD candidate at the University of Melbourne.
 She says:
 My interest in this position emerges from a commitment to partaking in the academic labour required to maintain flourishing and supportive disciplinary spaces. I'd be interested in organising events which experiment with the use of different mediums in the practice of cultural geography. I think my postgraduate colleagues and I are, in particular, well positioned to work with the possibilities of digital mediums and platforms, given our 'digital native' status. I feel that the Study Group presents an ideal enabling place to undertake such experiments and their translations together and, personally, I would offer competencies in graphic design, photography/videography and website creation, as well as an eagerness to further develop my skills in these areas.
 Kind Regards
Michele Lobo, Michelle Duffy and Danielle Drozdzewski
(Cultural Geography Study Group Convenors)
 Dr Michele Lobo
[Alfred Deakin Institute of Citizenship and Globalisation]
Convenor, IAG Cultural Geography Study Group
Editor, Social & Cultural Geography http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rscg20
              Twitter: SocCultGeog
Editor, Book Reviews/Critical Dialogues, Postcolonial Studies Journal
              http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/cpcs20
Twitter: @michelelobo29

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.