[Iag-list] moorea proj

Simon Batterbury simonpjb at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Oct 26 08:12:58 AEDT 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Lauer <mlauer at MAIL.SDSU.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, 24 October 2018 6:19 PM
Subject: Funding for MA students to work in French Polynesia

Dear EAnthers - I currently have a 4-year grant from the NSF-Coupled Natural Human Systems (CNH) program to fund several MA students for marine anthropology work in French Polynesia.  It's an exciting interdisciplinary project involving Moorea Long Term Ecological Research scientists. One part of the project is a citizen science initiative where fishers are tracking their fishing activities with GPS-enabled smart-phones. Another part of the project involves a joint marine scientist-fisher monitoring effort where they are collaboratively monitoring and co-generating knowledge about the lagoon to help inform marine management.

If you know of high caliber undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing an MA in marine resource management, fisheries, human ecology, or science and technology topics, please have them send me a CV at mlauer at sdsu.edu<mailto:mlauer at sdsu.edu>. There's more information about my NSF project here: https://lauer.sdsu.edu/research.html as well as information about the MA program at SDSU: https://anthropology.sdsu.edu/graduate/index.html

Best,

Matt

Matthew Lauer

Professor, Interim Chair