[Iag-list] Assistant Lecturer/ Lecturer in Environmental Science at the University of the South Pacific
naohiro.nakamura at usp.ac.fj
Tue Nov 27 13:35:29 AEDT 2018
Assistant Lecturer/ Lecturer in Environmental Science
FACULTY OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
School of Geography, Earth Science and Environment - LSO032
Build a legacy with us!
The University of the South Pacific is one of only three regional universities in the world. We are the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The USP recognises the importance of research activity to our academic staff and therefore provides incentives to encourage research and publications output.
The USP's School of Geography, Earth Science & Environment (SGESE) is looking to appoint an interdisciplinary oriented Assistant Lecturer/ Lecturer in Environmental Science who is enthusiastic about working in a multicultural team to address the environmental challenges of the tropical Pacific Islands. SGESE works on major themes of environmental change, sustainability, ecosystem dynamics and community resilience.
The appointee will be expected to:
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Environmental Science and Environmental Management;
- Undertake research within the broad area of Environmental Science, on issues of environmental change, sustainable management and resource conservation;
- Attract and supervise postgraduate students;
- Facilitate collaboration and cross-disciplinary activities across the various sectors of the University;
- Assist in dealing effectively with national, regional and international agencies and NGOs on matters relating to applied environmental science, policy and governance, sustainable development, vulnerability assessment and adaptation to environmental change.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position: Applicants must have a PhD in Environmental Science, Geography, Ecology or a cognate discipline; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; significate tertiary teaching experience; a record of internationally recognised research and publications; the position is reserved for citizens of the USP member countries.
To be considered at the Lecturer position: Applicants must have a PhD in Environmental Science, Geography, Ecology or a cognate discipline; ideally 4 years of tertiary teaching experience; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a strong record of internationally recognised research (including research supervision) and publications; a track record of successful grant acquisition;
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching (PGCTT) or equivalent:
- Significant experience in the South Pacific or other islands contexts;
- A proven record of successful liaison with international and national donor agencies;
- Demonstrated experience in biodiversity conservation will be of particular advantage;
- Experience in distance learning and flexible teaching.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Assistant Lecturer - FJ $57,988 to FJ $69,586 per annum
Lecturer - FJ $73,689 to FJ $96,958 per annum
Enquiries: Dr Naohiro Nakamura, Geography, Earth Science and Environment; tel.: (679) 32 31734; email: naohiro.nakamura at usp.ac.fj<mailto:naohiro.nakamura at usp.ac.fj>
Closing date for applications: 6 January 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University's online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: hrhelp at usp.ac.fj<mailto:hrhelp at usp.ac.fj> or personnel at usp.ac.fj<mailto:personnel at usp.ac.fj>
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.
Please note that the successful candidate will be appointed either as an assistant lecturer or as a lecturer, as advertised.
Naohiro Nakamura, PhD
Senior Lecturer, Acting Head of School
School of Geography, Earth Science and Environment
Faculty of Science, Technology, and Environment
The University of the South Pacific, Private Bag, Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji
Tel: (+679) 32 31734 or 32542 (School Secretary)
Fax: (+679) 32 31506
Email: nakamura_n at usp.ac.fj<mailto:nakamura_n at usp.ac.fj>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Iag-list