[Iag-list] CFP Institute of Australian Geographers Conference 9-13 July 2019 - Session: Research assemblages: thinking through the production of research

Susannah Clement sc527 at uowmail.edu.au
Sat Jan 19 17:15:20 AEDT 2019

CFP Institute of Australian Geographers Conference 2019 ‘Geographies of emergence, divergence and convergence’
9-13  July 2019, Hobart, Tasmania  www.iagc2019.com

Session: Research assemblages: thinking through the production of research

Convener: Susannah Clement, University of Wollongong, sclement at uow.edu.au

Study Group: Cultural Geography

All research is mediated through a research-assemblage comprised of ‘bodies, things and abstractions that get caught up in social inquiry, including the events that are studied, the tools, models and precepts of research, and the researchers’ (Fox and Alldred 2015). This session calls for papers which consider the messy ways research is done through assemblages of bodies, materials, emotions, ideas and agendas. Papers might consider how research assemblages shape ethics processes, questions, methods, participant selection, empirical analysis, writing or publishing. Interested in playfully engaging with the idea of the research assemblage, the session welcomes a broad range of intersectional approaches.

Please submit your abstract (150 words) online via the conference website https://cdesign.eventsair.com/2019-iag/abstracts and email the session convener sclement at uow.edu.au by 28 February 2019.

You're welcome to contact me directly with any questions.

Dr Susannah Clement
Australian Centre for Culture, Environment, Society and Space (ACCESS)
University of Wollongong, Australia

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land where I work and live, and pay my respects to Elders past, present and future.