[Iag-list] CfP: Comparative studies on redevelopment and social mix through housing @ ENHR

Iris Levin ilevin at swin.edu.au
Wed Feb 6 12:12:20 AEDT 2019

Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting.

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to our session at the 2019 ENHR in Athens. See http://enhr2019.com/workshops-2/

Comparative studies on redevelopment programs for socially mixed communities through housing
This workshop focuses on urban neighbourhoods and local communities. We are interested in the topic of social engineering of social mix policies through housing, from all key stakeholders' perspectives - government and policy perspectives, service and NGOs perspectives, and residents' perspectives.

Specific aspects could include social mix as a stated aim or social mix as a by-product of a deconcentrating poverty policy and could include different scales of policies and programs such as the estate, the neighbourhood, metropolitan or national scale. The focus can be on social mix through public housing redevelopment and/or private housing redevelopment.

Plans for the Workshop in Athens
We welcome papers that deal with the policy, design, implementation and lived experience of social mix through housing in different contexts/countries. The premise of the workshop is to explore how this idea of social mix manifests in different cities and neighbourhoods through various policies and programs.

Edited book
We would like to invite contributors in the workshop to participate in an edited book about comparative studies of redevelopment programs for socially mixed communities across the world.

Workshop Coordinators
Dr Iris Levin  ilevin at swin.edu.au<mailto:ilevin at swin.edu.au>
Centre for Urban Transitions, Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia
Associate Professor Kathy Arthurson  kathy.arthurson at flinders.edu.au<mailto:kathy.arthurson at flinders.edu.au>
Southgate Institute for Health, Society and Equity, Flinders University of SA, Adelaide, Australia

Contact: Dr Iris Levin  ilevin at swin.edu.au<mailto:ilevin at swin.edu.au>

Best wishes,
Iris and Kathy

Dr Iris Levin I Research Fellow I Centre for Urban Transitions
Faculty of Health, Arts & Design I Swinburne University I Hawthorn VIC 3122
T: +61-3-92148197 I M: 0438 175 687 I ilevin at swin.edu.au<mailto:ilevin at swin.edu.au>

Recently published:
Experiences of tenants' relocation in the Carlton public housing estate redevelopment, Melbourne<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08111146.2018.1502661>
https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/azi2j2tU98kupKi7ijJ2/full<https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/azi2j2tU98kupKi7ijJ2/full>

Read the interview with me on the Homing website:
https://homing.soc.unitn.it/2018/12/17/homing-interview-21-iris-levin/