[Iag-list] 2nd CfP: IAG 2019 #Metoo: Exploring everyday negotiations of gender, space and place

Ainsley Hughes Ainsley.Hughes at uon.edu.au
Wed Feb 27 10:57:05 AEDT 2019

Second Call for Papers

Institute of Australian Geographers Annual Conference

Wrest Point, Tasmania

9-13 July 2019<x-apple-data-detectors://0>

Session Title: #Metoo: Exploring everyday negotiations of gender, space and place

Session Organisers: Ainsley Hughes, Melina Ey and Kathy Mee (University of Newcastle)

Abstract: Recent political, legal and social events that have coalesced around the #metoo movement have drawn fresh attention to the highly contested everyday geographies of gender. In this session, we seek to build on the path breaking work of feminist geographers who have long alerted us to the ongoing salience of gender as critical to embodied experiences of space and place. We invite papers which respond to this moment, by exploring gendered negotiations of everyday lives and everyday politics. We particularly welcome papers which explore intersectionality, affect, belonging and becoming, digital mediation/mobilisation, encounter, marginality, materialities, mobilities, more- than-human, resistance and urban/rural/remote wild and digital spaces. We also welcome papers that engage with the possibilities, joys, dilemmas and challenges of feminist methodologies and praxis.

We welcome abstracts responding to the above call for papers. Please submit abstracts of 200 words to the conference website (https://cdesign.eventsair.com/2019-iag/abstracts) and email a copy to the session organisers Ainsley Hughes (ainsley.hughes at uon.edu.au<mailto:ainsley.hughes at uon.edu.au>) and Melina Ey (melina.ey at uon.edu.au<mailto:melina.ey at uon.edu.au>). Submission of abstracts closes 28 February 2019<x-apple-data-detectors://4>.

Best wishes,

Ainsley Hughes, Melina Ey and Kathy Mee