[Iag-list] Last Minute spots available AAG Fieldtrip 2 April - ‘Applied Memory: Putting affective and embodied methods into practice on the National Mall’

Danielle Drozdzewski danielle.drozdzewski at humangeo.su.se
Mon Mar 25 19:49:59 AEDT 2019

Hi All,

A few last minute spaces have opened up on our AAG fieldtrip next week ‘Applied Memory: Putting affective and embodied methods into practice on the National Mall’.

Fieldtrip details are as follows:

Timing and Schedule

•         We begin Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 8:30am at the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial: https://www.nps.gov/vive/index.htm<https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nps.gov%2Fvive%2Findex.htm&data=02%7C01%7CJMicieliVoutsinas%40clarku.edu%7C8c4f7af6ea2e4162875808d6a60a1e23%7Cb5b2263d68aa453eb972aa1421410f80%7C1%7C0%7C636878961377724006&sdata=ilfHqWjZaum0MLYEBX5XdDdtF9LuhwWtOXHauAmwfVc%3D&reserved=0>.

•         Stop 1 – Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial Wall / Stop 2 Korean War Veterans Memorial / Stop 3 – Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial / Stop 4 – United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM)

•         We finish around 6pm, and have if you would like to join us we are planning to go to dinner in close proximity to our last stop. If you are keen, please let us know so we can book a table.

•         A vital reflective part of the field trip is attendance at the adjoining Panel Session, during the main AAG program. This Panel Session, scheduled in the Washington 2, Exhibition Level, Marriott Wardman, Wednesday 3 April, 8.00AM – 9.40AM, will provide an opportunity to reflect on the methods used, data collections, general discussion, and analysis of our own embodiments at the sites, and possible avenues for collaborative publication.

Methods and technology

•         Biosensing

•         Oculus Go VR Headset

•         Smartphone application: Ramblr

•         Embodied observation / autoethnography

•         Video/image and Sound recording

Equipment

•         We will be providing 10 – Go Pros; 4 – Olympia digital voice recorders; 5 – Oculus Go Headsets; and 3 - Empatica E4 wristbands that we will rotate throughout the site experiments.

•         To assist the field trip run smoothly, we ask that you bring your smart phones (and chargers) a notebook and writing utensil, and a camera (other than your phone, if you prefer that option for taking images).

•         If you have access to (either through your department or personally), any of the following please bring them along: a digital voice recorder, go pros, camera, or any of the equipment listed in the first point.

If you need any further info and/or would like to take one of the remaining spots, please let me know

Danielle

Danielle Drozdzewski
Senior Lecturer in Human Geography, https://www.humangeo.su.se/english/
Stockholm University, SE-106 91, Stockholm, Sweden
Visiting address: Department of Human Geography, Room 317, Svanta Arrhenius Road 8
danielle.drozdzewski at humangeo.su.se<mailto:danielle.drozdzewski at humangeo.su.se>
Twitter: @danielledroz

Associate Editor Geographical Research, https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/17455871
Editor Emotion, Space and Society, https://www.journals.elsevier.com/emotion-space-and-society