[Iag-list] 1st Sustainable Tropical Urbanism Symposium: Tropical cities in a warming world

Law, Lisa lisa.law at jcu.edu.au
Fri Apr 12 12:28:06 AEST 2019

Dear IAG List,

We are pleased to announce that James Cook University is organising the 1st Sustainable Tropical Urbanism Symposium on Friday, 27th September 2019.  The symposium is titled Tropical cities in a warming world and will be held at the James Cook University's Singapore Campus (149 Sims Drive, Singapore, 387380).

We aim to reach academic researchers, practicing planners and architects, public artists, local government officers, students in urban planning and design and anyone interested in understanding tropical cities. Themes of the symposium include, but are not limited to:
*             how tropical cities respond to climate in an era of climate change
*             creation/curation of tropical space and place
*             methods for tropical urban research

Further information is available here https://www.jcu.edu.sg/events/sep-2019/citba-symposium.

We look forward to welcoming you to this event.

Warm regards, Lisa Law and Simona Azzali

[cid:image005.png at 01D0A452.13288300]
Lisa Law
Associate Professor
Tropical Urbanism and Design Lab (TUDLab)<https://www.jcu.edu.au/TUDLab>
College of Science and Engineering
James Cook University, PO Box 6811
Cairns QLD 4870 AUSTRALIA
[cid:image005.png at 01D0A452.13288300]
T 07 4232 1389  I  E Lisa.Law at jcu.edu.au<mailto:Lisa.Law at jcu.edu.au>  I  W research.jcu.edu.au/portfolio/lisa.law
Building A2, Room 218, James Cook University, 14-88 McGregor Rd, Smithfield QLD 4878

I acknowledge the traditional owners on whose land I live and work, and I honour their Elders, past and present.

[JCU-MLM-eBanner-WorkAnywhereintheWorld]<https://www.jcu.edu.au/global-mobility>