[Iag-list] Student presenters sought for Mapping in Action conference

Brendan Whyte obiwonfive at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 29 12:52:23 AEST 2019

Please forward to your students:

2019 ANZMapS conference: ‘Mapping in Action’

at the National Library of Australia, Canberra

Tues 24 & Wed 25 September

Mapping in Action offers students the opportunity to showcase their research, and is open to any research topic in any discipline in which mapping, spatial information or data visualisation plays a part, including: history, geospatial sciences, humanities, social sciences, geography, population health, astronomy,
 environment, earth sciences etc.

Mapping in Action offers two prizes to support students and researchers. ANZMapS is providing a $1000 student prize, for best presentation during the conference, in addition to its long-standing prize for research, the Dorothy Prescott Prize.
Winners will be selected by a panel of National Library and ANU cartography staff.
All those attending day two of the conference will also receive special access to the collections and staff expertise.

President of ANZMapS Dr Martin Woods: “Thanks to the generosity of the National Library of Australia and ANZMapS, I am delighted to be able this year to offer two prizes for research
 utilising maps.”

“This year we welcome guest speakers from Geoscience Australia introducing their ‘Aerial photography through time’, and Igor Drecki, past President of the New Zealand Cartographic Society
 to talk about the recent International Cartographic Conference, Tokyo.”
“We encourage students to take up this opportunity to share their research and access the Library’s extensive collections.”

More information, online application form and Registration are now available on our website.<https://www.anzmaps.org/events/2019-conference-mapping-in-action/>

Deadline for abstracts now extended to 31 August.

Sponsored by the Australian & New Zealand Map Society* and the National Library of Australia

*ANZMapS is an affiliate of the International Cartographic Association.

Brendan Whyte
for the conference committee