[Iag-list] EIO INCOMING CULTURAL GEOGRAPHY STUDY GROUP CONVENOR - closes Monday 8th August

Michelle Duffy Michelle.Duffy at newcastle.edu.au
Wed Jul 31 15:30:17 AEST 2019

Hi everyone

Just a reminder that we are seeking an incoming convenor for the cultural geography study group, and will be closing the EOI Monday 8th August by 5pm

Originally the convenor position was held by someone in permanent employment, however, the change to the ways in which academics are now employed means that this excludes a significant number of people who would otherwise be interested in this role. This role also offers experience and opportunities for developing your career and is therefore especially important for ECRs.

Following the discussion at the study group meeting, we would like to open an expression of interest to include those who may be employed in a contract position.

If you are interested, please submit an EOI outlining what you would like to bring to the role of convenor. This could include shaping particular directions for cultural geography research through such events as workshops and symposia or inviting international speakers.

If you have any questions about this, please don’t hesitate to contact me (Michelle.Duffy at newcastle.edu.au<mailto:Michelle.Duffy at newcastle.edu.au>) or Michele Lobo (Michele.Lobo at deakin.edu.au<mailto:Michele.Lobo at deakin.edu.au>)

Michelle

Associate Professor Michelle Duffy
Human Geography
Program Convenor of the Bachelor of Development Studies
School of Environmental and Life Sciences
Faculty of Science

T: + 61 2 492 15097
E: Michelle.Duffy at newcastle.edu.au<mailto:Michelle.Duffy at newcastle.edu.au>

The University of Newcastle (UON)
University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
[iversity of Newcastle]<http://www.newcastle.edu.au/>
[cid:image002.png at 01D547B4.DA7FC670]
[rld Needs New]<http://www.newcastle.edu.au/new>

Ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world by
QS World University Rankings 2017/18

CRICOS Provider 00109J

I acknowledge the Aboriginal custodians of the land in the region where I live and work, the Awabakal and Worimi peoples. I acknowledge the Elders, past, present and future, and Country itself.